I plan to go into my classroom soon. Maybe even next week but for sure in 2 weeks. The gradual set up will begin. I will post a classroom reveal when I am done setting up.
Each year I tweak something, whether it be decorations or arrangement. This year it is my Focus Wall. I am simplifying it. Last year, I just had too much. Really, my Kindergartners aren't reading it. It is for me and administration. So, I didn't need so much information. However, I want to make sure I have the letter for the week, the week number, and sight words for the kids. I also need to keep learning targets and success criteria. I will post a pic when I have it up.
When you see pictures of my classroom, you will definitely notice one big missing item...my teacher desk. That probably was one of the most freeing things I have done! How often do you use your desk? I didn't. It was a glorified dust collector, which only held my sub plans. I never sat at it. I am pretty satisfied with a table for my reading/math groups and my computer station.
What is my theme? This year will be monsters. I use Monsters Inc. monsters and ClassDojo monsters. I have redone many of my posters to feature monsters. Last year, I redid my entire alphabet line to have Monsters University monsters. I would post a picture, but I don't want to violate copyright.
I have 3 main colors: black, white, and yellow. I have been tempted to add other colors, but so far...no.
Each year I tweak something, whether it be decorations or arrangement. This year it is my Focus Wall. I am simplifying it. Last year, I just had too much. Really, my Kindergartners aren't reading it. It is for me and administration. So, I didn't need so much information. However, I want to make sure I have the letter for the week, the week number, and sight words for the kids. I also need to keep learning targets and success criteria. I will post a pic when I have it up.
When you see pictures of my classroom, you will definitely notice one big missing item...my teacher desk. That probably was one of the most freeing things I have done! How often do you use your desk? I didn't. It was a glorified dust collector, which only held my sub plans. I never sat at it. I am pretty satisfied with a table for my reading/math groups and my computer station.
What is my theme? This year will be monsters. I use Monsters Inc. monsters and ClassDojo monsters. I have redone many of my posters to feature monsters. Last year, I redid my entire alphabet line to have Monsters University monsters. I would post a picture, but I don't want to violate copyright.
I have 3 main colors: black, white, and yellow. I have been tempted to add other colors, but so far...no.
No comments:
Post a Comment