Friday, February 1, 2019

More About Stations

When people come to my room, I get a lot of questions about how I do stations. You can read my previous posts "Games, Games, and More Games" for ELA and "Math Stations" for math to get a detailed description with links.

I have set alarm clocks every 10 minutes for math stations and 20 minutes for reading stations, using https://www.timeme.com/alarm-clock-50.htm. Students have a Word document on their laptop. Each monster stands for a different station. II link the monster to the website/file that matches the station (dailies) activities. Here is a description of what each monster means.

Math:


Reading:
Here is what a student's computer doc looks like:
You can see that the monsters match the different stations/dailies. Math links are a little different.The Green monster is the "Math by Myself." I put that image because it is the one they see when they go to the link (Ready Math). If you zoom in on "Math by Myself," you will see a very tiny i-ready monster.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Daily 5 (ELA) & Daily 3 (Math)

This year, we have the great pleasure of the creator and author of "The Daily 5," Gail Boushey, coming to our school to do profes...